Technical managerApply now
Role: Technical Manager
Noel Group is currently recruiting for a Technical Manager to join our Clients team based in central Dublin. Reporting directly to the Account Director and Contract Manager. To support the delivery of technical services to the client‘s new HQ in Central Dublin. This will be achieved via the practical implementation of the company‘s management systems and the utilisation of the candidate‘s knowledge and experience. This is a permanent and full-time position.
- To ensure the satisfactory performance and further development of the hard services maintenance contract, managing on site resources as well as specialist sub-contractors for the building.
- Take full responsibility for all quality, environmental and health & safety issues and ensure compliance with company policies and arrangements including the effective closing out of audit action plans during the operational phase.
- Identify and communicate on all aspects of hard services provision in a fit out and mobilisation phase in grade A office building to ensure ease of maintenance, routine testing and day one operation post occupation.
- To focus on reactive and ppm tasks and to ensure effective delegation of tasks to subordinates to ensure that the most appropriate person deals with any given issue.
- 1st line management of HR issues i.e. ensuring company policies are fully implemented.
- Compliance with contractual requirements including all SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Ensuring that project and reactive works are completed on time, in budget and to the required quality levels.
- Client satisfaction and the quality of service provided.
- Responsibility for all day to day supervision, control, co-ordination, execution of all operations under their remit.
- Identifying and implementing innovations to improve service delivery.
- Ensuring continuity of systems in a manner, which fully complies with all legal, qualitative, health & safety and environmental standards and all other relevant guidance.
- Ensuring, demonstrate, review and monitor compliance, to meet the expectation and needs of the Client, the quality and organizational goals of the company and satisfy the requirements of BS EN IS0 9001:2000.
- Production of reports at regular intervals determined by contract detailing physical and financial progress, including monitoring of Output specification by Key performance indicators. Actively demonstrate performance utilising internal /external benchmarking processes to develop areas for continuous improvement.
- Ensuring the availability of and participation in the provision of a 24 hour per day 365 days per year emergency on call service as required.
- Developing the competency of themselves and others through a commitment to continuing professional development.
- Effective sourcing and utilisation of materials and subcontractors in line with Company procedures to ensure commercial and compliance alignment.
- Monitoring the quality of the work carried out by the workforce through random engineer audits and the ongoing review of breakdowns.
- Ensure specified standard of work is maintained and all site logs, records and documentation are kept up to date.
- Interrogation of BMS, Computer Aided Facilities Management Software and integration of BIM
- Encourage and liaise with the client for other service provision to expand the scope of the contract into the supply of other services.
Candidate requirements (education, skills, experience):
- Formal technical education in an electrical/HVAC discipline to a minimum of a Senior Trades or equivalent qualification level and a minimum of at least 3-5 years relevant experience in a Technical Supervision position of authority.
- Degree in Building Management or similar would be advantageous.
- Previous experience of direct report supervision and customer account management is essential
- Good IT / computer skills
- Previous experience in head office site supervision in a retail/commercial environment desirable
- Previous experience in commissioning, mobilisation and handover of new site in a commercial office environment desirable
- A pro-active attitude
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and the written word
- A formal H&S qualification i.e. NEBOSH certificate or similar is advantageous
The above list highlights the key aspects of this position and is not intended to be exhaustive. All staff is expected to deal with other contingencies that may arise. All staff is also required to actively support the Company with regard to operational, technical and personnel issues. This job description may be amended to reflect corporate policy and the goals and objectives of the Company.