Wexford, Full Time
Noel Recruitment are recruiting for a Shift Leader for a client in Wexford Town
Rate of pay €15.70 per hour.
Reporting to: Operations Manager/Evening Shift Manager
As Shift Leader, you plan, organize and control production to ensure that goods are sorted, produced and packed efficiently, on time, within budget and to standard within a safe and motivated work environment.
- Provide support to Team Leaders and staff to develop the skills and capabilities of staff
- Proactively promote, observe and implement adherence to health, safety, quality and environmental procedures
- Foster a respectful, inclusive continuous improvement culture
- Plan a production schedule for the job
- Implement and control the production schedule
- Review and adjust the schedule where needed
- Make adjustments to manpower plan to achieve required packing requirements
- Determine the material resources required
- Manage human and material resources to meet production targets
- Make decisions about equipment use and maintenance
- Maintain standard operating procedures for production operations
- Ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to
- Analyze production and quality control to detect and correct problems
- Determine and implement improvements to the production process
- Prepare and maintain production reports
- Monitor and review the performance, including lateness and absence of staff and organize Necessary interventions for improvement
- Implement cost control programs
- Authorise shift payroll
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including QHSE, Human Resources, Engineering, Sales, Customer Service, Finance
- Monitor staff performance and attendance activities.
- Monitor individual performance against target
- Monitor daily attendance
- Investigate and understand causes for staff absences.
- Recommend solutions to resolve attendance difficulties.
- Provide basic counselling to staff who have performance related obstacles.
- Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
- Provide information and assistance to staff, Team Leaders and council on human resource and work related issues.
- Perform other related duties as required to get the job done.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE:
- Demonstrate ability to Supervise General Operatives and Manage resources effectively
- A Good Knowledge of the Laundry production process from Soil Intake to End of Line
- At least 2 years experience in a leadership role required
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES / CORE COMPETENCIES:
- An ability to multitask without feeling pressured
- Good at analysing and solving problems and coming up with new ways of doing things
- Good at both working within and directing teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Comfortable with/open to, working with IT Systems and Machine/Equipment Control Panels
- Counselling/disciplinary skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Conflict Management
- Attention to detail