Senior Sea Freight Development Executive
Ballyboughal, Full Time
Would you like to become a valued member of one of the world leaders in transportation and logistics? Our client is currently seeking an experienced Senior Sea Freight Development Executive so if you are dynamic, ambitious, relationship driven and commercially savvy, we want to hear from you!
Overview of the Main Function of the Post:
As a Senior Sea Freight Development Executive, you will be responsible for servicing and developing the sea freight client base and product range in line with the projected targets.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify sales leads, have a proven track record on ocean freight handling & solutions, experienced knowledge in LCL/FCL/Rail freight
- Calculate and submit freight quotations and tenders as needed.
- Have a full understanding for the ocean freight market situation, have appropriate knowledge of the competition and marketplace activity and report back on trends and developments with the carriers and customers.
- Manage SOP/SLA for existing and new clients.
- Use of CRM system, pipeline for updating and reporting.
- Servicing existing customer base.
- Seeking new opportunities to secure new business.
- Liaising closely with operations team on their requirements and procuring equipment as well as facilitating bookings by sea freight
- Expanding the existing trade lanes on sea freight as well as developing new lanes.
- Establishing contacts with the shipping lines at a senior level and maintaining regular contact.
- Regular maintenance and validity of the various tariffs and surcharges.
- Maintaining and developing contacts within our existing overseas partners and networks.
- Represent the client at meetings and conferences as required and continue to build the client brand in the market.
Key Experience, Skills & Qualities:
- 5+ years’ experience in sea freight
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint for presentations, complete sales reports and customer profile reports as required.
- Enjoy working with high level of autonomy, empowered to make decisions.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural and international environment.
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships based on empathy and trust.
- Freight forwarding experience would be desirable.
- Experience delivering strong customer service in a demanding environment.
- Ambitious, driven and flexible individual who is commercially astute.
Salary is 40k plus DOE.