Quality Assurance Manager
Manage and improve the current food safety & quality management systems and standards across the site of our client.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the Quality Team to assess compliance of systems, facilities, and procedures as per the applicable regulations through internal audits and assessments, assuring compliance to regulatory requirements and company specifications
- Manage non-conformances, sending responses and ensuring appropriate corrective actions are implemented.
- Ownership of the site investigation process including assignment of effective RCA’s (root cause actions) for all process deviations to the appropriate owners and driving these action owners to deliver robust investigations to agreed timelines.
- Drive and implement continuous process & quality system improvements and projects in line with the site strategy
- Challenge processes, food safety systems and maintain and review the plans as part of the HACCP team.
- Ensure raw material, process and finished product evaluation and verification is completed
- Raise and investigate internal non-conformances against raw material suppliers as required and follow up on the close out of these non-conformances
- Oversee hygiene audits
- Drive training programmes for Food Safety and Food Quality for the site.
- Oversee risk assessments to ensure effective and timely preventive and corrective actions are taken when necessary.
- Preparing for and hosting, audits, customer visits, supplier visits, and visits from regulatory bodies.
- Continuous collaboration across teams to coordinate product development and releases
Skills & Qualifications Required
Must hold a minimum degree qualification in a food science or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an accredited food production facility, preferably with people management experience at senior level
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative “can do” attitude
- Strong leader with experience in managing a team.
- In-depth knowledge of Quality Management Systems
Salary: €45000 Dependent on experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Quality: 3 years (Required)