Dublin 11, Full Time
The Noel Group are recruiting for an Operation Manager for our Client based in Dublin.
The role of Operations Manager is to oversee my client production and provision of services. The Operations Manager will oversee the warehouse, production and logistics departments of the business. You will make sure that the company’s products meet the customer’s expectations whilst ensuring that the company’s operations run smoothly and effectively and that the company conducts its business following all government rules and regulations related to employment law, safety requirements and environmental issues. The role also includes hiring staff for various operational positions.
The ideal candidate will:
- Organize the recruitment of all operational staff as well as monitoring staff performance and progress.
- Conduct employee performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Will be required to mentor and coach staff within the business.
- Manage and develop an effective relationship with operational people within customer sites to ensure good supplier customer relations.
- Drive and support personal development, succession planning and talent management.
- Schedule rosters, annual leave requests and the allocated budgets for each.
- Ensure that supervisors complete all work in line with company policy and procedure.
- Allocate the training for any new members of staff on procedures and policies, supervision of ongoing training for existing members of staff.
- Report directly to senior management on the ongoing performance of all departments within the business at the weekly management meeting.
- Proactively engage in coordinating key business planning activities (e.g., forecasting, recruitment etc.)
- Create and maintain effective communications across the business
- Deliver maximum revenue and profitability through effective management of KPI’s.
- Investigate and suggest incentive structures which promote staff retention.
- Monitor and review continuous improvement initiatives to assess success and impact on SLA’s and profitability margins.
- Manage and co-ordinate the daily and weekly operations of the various departments, holding heads of departments responsible for specific tasks.
- Draft new procedures and policies as required.
- Customer service metrics are met and that all customer experiences with the fleet and staff meet requirements.
- Provide information, analysis work, support as required to General Manager and other managers in relation to KPI’s to driver continuous improvement.
- Support project management teams in the roll-out of technology / re-planning projects and any ad hoc projects as appropriate.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of aspects of manufacturing and production.
- Ensure compliance of Health and Safety and HR standards for all staff.
- Ensuring targets are achieved in line with budget expectations.
- Ensure all EU regulations are adhered to in relation to drivers working hours and tachograph usage.
- Maintain and update delivery routes in a cost-effective way whilst also ensuring the customers’ delivery requirements are met.
- Maintain and update SOP manuals for all departments within the business.
- Live in Ireland and have the right to work full time in the Republic of Ireland
Key Performance Indicators
- Fleet Costs: detailed operational running costs of the fleet
- Successful monitoring and assistance during inspections such as BRC, HSE or RSA.
- Capacity planning in terms of staff, physical time and space. Maximization of the business operational capacity.
- Wage costs are maintained within the allocated budget.
Salary: €55,000 per year (Negotiable)