Metrology Service Engineer
Metrology Service Engineer – Ireland
Due to ongoing growth and expansion a leading metrology products and service provider is looking to expand its Ireland team with a Metrology Service Engineer. The main purpose of the role will be to ensure ongoing service and applications support to the existing customer base, whilst continuing to support sales growth. The position will report directly to the Commercial Manager.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a self-motivated and business minded service & applications engineer to join a successful and exciting metrology products and service company.
- Performs service tasks like installation, commissioning, maintenance, upgrades and retrofits, repair independently, identifies technical problems and makes analysis through remote or onsite activity.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by executing service work according to customer order and expectation. Creates and maintains a good relationship with customers and understands their needs. Identifies new sales opportunities and takes influence in convincing the client for the complete product and service portfolio.
- Coordinates, prepares and ensures that all materials, parts and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for service activities.
- Prepares all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Reports work done in a timely manner and follows up when needed. CRM to be updated in a timely manner.
- Proactively identifies potential equipment failures and proactive corrective actions. Troubleshoots complex equipment failure and makes recommendations.
- Proactively identifies suggestions for product, quality and customer service improvement and discusses them with management for changes.
- Actively ensures that HSE practices are of high standard. Works to eliminate unsafe practices and incidents.
- Work with the Commercial Manager and Head of Service to develop a service and applications plan for Ireland.
- Contact customers in the promotion of the company’s products and services to Ireland manufacturing industries.
- Creating market awareness and ensuring the company brand is ‘known’ to the marketplace.
- Follow up enquiries and contact clients in order to develop working relationships.
- Support customers through contract measurement, consultancy services and performing demonstrations of products.
- Actively engage with customers to build product sales pipeline.
- Report and provide insight of appropriate KPI’s both internal and external relative to service and calibrations.
- Management of stock to ensure customers have appropriate spares.
- Supports other team leaders during periods of absence ensuring the productivity of the Customer Service department is sustained
- Any other reasonable duties that may be required as part of the role.
Skills and abilities
- Minimum 4-5 years relevant industry experience (preferably in the similar role).
- Qualification in engineering.
- Strong background in quality inspection, measurement systems / measuring instruments, industrial metrology, precision / manufacturing / mechanical engineering etc.
- Proven track record in business development and relationship management.
- Strong presentation skills and customer centric mentality.
- The ability to cultivate long-term relationships with business partners.
- Business minded, driven and ambitious to succeed.
- A results-driven individual with a determination to deliver high quality service support.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.