Meeting and Events Operations Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Meeting & Events Operations Manager to join passionate and charismatic team in Co. Sligo. This is a busy role but for the right candidate it will be a rewarding position within the Hotel.
- Organises & manages all activities such as conferences, meetings, conventions, banquets and all other M&E Functions.
- Manages supervisors, and service staff in the M&E Department to maximise guest satisfaction & profitability.
- Completes and Monitors rosters for the department in accordance with staffing ratio’s and budgets, and takes corrective action daily to ensure payroll cost is within the budgeted %
- In conjunction with the Food & Beverage Manager, monitors and manages all departmental costs and takes corrective action where required
- Checks regularly to ensure guests receive efficient, knowledgeable, and courteous service, as well as high-quality products as set out in company SOP’s, Policies and Manuals and takes corrective action to rectify deviation
- Maximises guest satisfaction by communicating customer satisfaction to Kitchen, M&E Sales Manager and Food & Beverage Manager
- Follows-up with guests to determine satisfaction; measures these results and establishes strategies to improve the quality of the guest experience
- Ensures that prices and portions are offered in accordance with food and beverage profit objectives
- Maintains effective internal communications, including regular meetings and pre-service briefings with all staff to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity
- Reviews function sheets for guest specifications and suggests alternatives as appropriate.
- Ensures function rooms are set up in accordance with customer specifications by supervising set-up staff and inspecting rooms prior to events.
- Ensures all functions and events are run to the hotels standards by managing from the front
- Liaise directly with event organisers to ensure satisfaction & that all requirements are met or exceeded
- Checks rooms comfort, lighting, equipment and temperature.
- Provides Executive Chef and F&B Manager with accurate forecasts by following up with guests on number of participants upon arrival.
- Conducts daily inspections of the meeting and events facilities to ensure the facilities and equipment are kept in the best condition and recommends preventive maintenance to the Maintenance Manager when needed.
- Checks the meeting and events reservations, hotel arrival list, and VIP list to ensure that own staff is aware of VIP guests and use name when appropriate.
- Carry out Duty Management Shifts
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role in a 4 star environment
- Previous Conference & Banqueting Operational experience necessary.
- Flexibility to work week days and weekends.
- A Natural Yes I Can attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to work alongside team and independently.
- Fluency in English is essential
Staff Benefits include:
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend – the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts – we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities – we like to have fun while working hard
- Staff meals provided whilst on duty
- Independent Employee Assistant Program