Key Account Manager
Key Account Manager
As a Key Account Manager within the Commercial Team, you are responsible for sales and availability of both branded and private label product lines for the customers under your management.
Our client has built a strong private label business with a fast-growing brand in the breakfast category also. They are a supplier of quality bacon products to Grocery Multiples, Wholesalers and Foodservice customers in the UK and Ireland. Their branded growth has been driven by NPD and value for money for the customer. They are looking for a talented and experienced Business Account Manager with a strong grasp on the FMCG market in Ireland, production, commercials, and an absolute commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
The role involves proactively managing national accounts to achieve sales, margin, and retailer category growth targets through optimisation of current listings and new product development. The role also includes responsibility for developing and executing sales plans to deliver profitable and sustainable sales with B2B customers and the foodservice channels. The accounts being managed are all existing retail, convenience, B2B or foodservice ones. You will be required to grow all existing accounts to agreed targets and will be supported by the company’s office and field sales team daily. Commercial support will be available from Senior Management whenever required also.
- Develop and negotiate annual Joint Business Plans (JBP) and Long-Term Agreements (LTA) with key retail and convenience customers.
- Liaise with members of Senior Management in developing weekly, monthly, quarterly action plans and category plans for customers that are in line with the annual account plan and the overall company strategic plan.
- Work on product pricing model for submission of pricing to customers at tender time.
- Work closely with production and quality departments in New Product Development. Key for existing private label customers and company branded growth. Delivery of NPD to your own accounts immediately after launch.
- Report on the sales and profitability and account initiatives to grow sales in your accounts on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with planning department and logistics on a weekly basis regarding forecast planning.
- Work closely with suppliers to develop, signoff artwork and order packaging.
- Develop planograms with retail customers.
- Implement, develop, and manage a new field sales team to ensure all brand activation plans at store level and customer planograms are being followed. Develop and audit their daily routes and manage their time accordingly.
- Submission of customer promotion plans per cycle or as required.
- Manage the costs associated with doing business with each of the key accounts.
- Develop a relationship with each relevant member of the trading team in each of the key accounts. Also build relationships with managers of key stores at a local level.
- To control debtors in conjunction with the financial controller.
- Visit all customers on a regular basis.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Third level qualification
- 5 – 10 years’ experience working in FMCG Sales / Business Development
- Ability to manage numerous key accounts and divide time correctly between small, medium, and large accounts.
- Strong numeric & commercial acumen to proactively manage major accounts to maintain product margin and meet account targets.
- Demonstrate previous exposure to own-label categories ideally gained in chilled foods, ready meals, meats, cooked meats, or other chilled food categories with regular NPD activity.
- Experience collating Joint Business Plans and negotiating Long Term Agreements essential.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional presentational skills.
- Very proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent people skills.
- Leadership Skills.