Job Title: Health and Safety Manager
Location: Dual Site Role – Kilbeggan, Co.Westmeath/Slane, Co. Meath
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Contract Type: Permanent
Reporting To: Divisional H&S Manager/Site Operations Manager
Our client is a premium meat processor and supplier of choice for a range of leading supermarket, foodservice and restaurant businesses. Established in 1980, they are an industry leader with annual revenues of over €2bn, employing over 7,300 staff in 15 countries and exporting to over 50 countries.
Our client is looking to recruit a Health & Safety Manager to work across two of their production facilities in Kilbeggan, Co. Westmeath and Slane, Co.Meath, with responsibility for all aspects of Health & Safety on both sites.
The successful candidate will be based primarily at the Kilbeggan facility and will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing, and executing H&S objectives & improvement plans in conjunction with Site Operations Management and Divisional H&S Manager;
- Support site supervisors with the investigation of H&S incidents/accidents at the site. Where necessary, leading the investigation process and/or collaborating with senior management on serious incidents;
- Partnering with relevant stakeholders such as Human Resources, FSQ, Engineering and Operations departments with regards to H&S issues/concerns and address in a timely manner;
- Identifying site H&S training needs and deliver training sessions for employees and management as required;
- Managing aspects of the induction process for new starters across the site;
- Liaising with relevant authorities and bodies such as the HSA etc. as necessary;
- Ensuring all contractors, third parties and visitors are compliant with H&S requirements of the site;
- Conducting internal audits and ensuring the site is audit ready at all times.
The ideal candidate will have or demonstrate:
- Relevant third level qualification;
- Detailed knowledge of H&S Legislation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Previous experience in the food manufacturing sector is beneficial but not essential;
- Manual Handling Instructor and Forklift Instructor qualifications would be beneficial.