Group Stock Manager
Dublin City Centre, Full Time
Noel Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Group Stock Manager for a Dublin based client.
Group Stock Manager
Reporting to the Group Management Accountant and with a dotted line to the Group Operations Manager. The Group Stock Manager will be based in Clondalkin but will be required to travel regularly to the other branch locations as deemed necessary.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Group Management Accountant and the Group Operations Manager to ensure all the Group Stock Management procedures are at all times implemented.
The role will include the maintenance of the Group stock file and that the accurate recording of the movement of all products across all branches are implemented and adhered to.
Specific responsibilities/duties will include:
- Ultimate responsibility for ensuring data integrity and completeness, including, but not limited to, quantities, descriptions, codes and values.
- Compilation and issuing of stock reports.
- Management of the stock control system across the group, specifically the Group Product File.
- Ensuring the annual Stock variances (i.e. variance between the system value and the physical stock) are monitored, reported, solutions devised and kept to a minimum.
- Implementing the agreed structure and reporting for product groups.
- The control of the Group stock counts, ensuring all preparatory works are carried out well in advance of the stock take. (returns to suppliers and negative/dormant stocks.) Producing a plan on the above, including monthly visits, minutes of meeting and decisions made.
- Setting of minimum/optimum stock levels in each branch and reorder quantities, based on sales history, and the policing of these, with reference to branch managers.
- Creation of uniform group-wide product codes, and the rolling deletion of duplicate/superfluous codes. Notification to staff group-wide of same.
- Introduction and supervision of cyclical stock counts, including the generation of an ongoing cyclical count list to ensure counts balanced between high value, high moving and slower moving products, ensuring that with an agreed timeframe, all products will have been counted.
- Maintenance and reporting on all inter-branch transfers of product.
- Having the authority to instruct managers as to the above tasks including taking responsibility for all stocktakes, both at group level and on-the-ground.