General Operative -Athboy Co. Meath
Athboy, Co. Meath, Contract
The Noel Group are currently seeking a General Operative to work with our Meath based client who specialises in food production. The successful candidate will be responsible for a number of important tasks which ensures product is always number one for quality and taste.
Please be advised that you will need your own transport due to the location of the client site.
- Demonstrate the ability to change top and bottom films for all products, ensuring the correct film is in place at all times
- Demonstrate the ability to change front and back labels, to include flash labels
- Set up all label printers, making the necessary adjustments to suit print position
- Communicate effectively with other production areas, including log prep and packaging team
- Experience recording data, and assisting with data entry tasks, including the accurate completion of slicing yield reports
- Operating plant machinery, including conveyor belts, Slicers, Multivacs, check weigher, and hand slicers.
- Perform washdown/foam downs when required in a safe manner.
- Play an active role in working groups, such as I&C committee and/or Values Team
- Compliance with all Covid 19 procedures, including daily temperature checks, surveillance testing, check in apps, segregation, and mandatory wearing of PPE
- Take reasonable care, to protect your health and safety and that of your colleagues
- Maintain standards of food safety, quality, and hygiene. This involves following 7s standards and being inspection ready at all times
What will make you successful in this role?
- Excellent communication skills
- You will thrive working in a pressurized, fast paced setting and be adaptable to an ever-changing environment and customer demands.
- You display companies core values of Care, Commitment and Trust by being committed and ambitious to excel in the food industry.
- Tenacity – “a Can do Now” attitude
So, what are we looking for?
- A minimum requirement of leaving certificate is required
- Passionate about food
- Excellent communications skills and proficiency in English
- You will be process orientated and enjoy working in a diverse environment
- Previous experience working in an FMCG, food production environment is desirable
- Flexibility – This role is on days from 7am – 4pm but there is the potential that you may be asked to work beyond this on occasion to meet business needs.
- They operate from Monday to Friday, with the possibility of overtime at the weekend. (Attractive overtime rates apply)
Pay Rate: €10.30 per hour
Contract duration is one month but could last longer depending on requirements.