Checkout Manager Balbriggan
balbriggin, Full Time
The Noel Group are hiring a checkout manager for our client based in Balbriggan
This is a full-time position, working an average of 42.5 hours per week, 5 days over 7 to include weekends, and public holidays – (candidates must be available to work a mix of both early and late shifts).
- Overall management of a busy checkout department.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the department on a day-to-day basis.
- Supervision of a team of up to 8/10 people when on duty.
- Rostering for a team of approx. 25 people including the departments supervisory team.
- Queue management.
- Ensuring all staff have the tools required to complete their role.
- Covering the customer service desk by assisting customers with questions/queries.
- Overseeing the store end of the home delivery service.
- Departmental housekeeping duties.
- Ensuring that all legislation relevant to the department is adhered to.
- Staff training and development.
- Stepping in to cover a till point at busy times (if and when needed).
- Assisting the store manager in other areas of the store if/when required.
- Ensuring COVID-19 procedures compliance.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience as a checkout manager/supervisor within a busy retail grocery environment – this is essential.
- Previous experience working within a Super Valu/Centra property would be desirable but is not essential.
- Must be experienced in using a till/cash register system.
- Must be able to remain calm in a busy environment.
- Must have experience in a front-line role – looking after customers.
- Must have strong people management skills.
- Must be fluent in the English Language both written and spoken.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must have strong communications skills.
- Must have strong organisational skills.
- Must have staff training & development experience.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Must be available for early starts (7.00/8.00am), late finishes (9.00/10.00pm) and weekend work.
- Free parking
- Group Health Insurance (Reduced Rates)
- Group Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training Opportunities
- Staff Reward & Recognition Initiatives
- Employee Assistance Programme
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From €25,000.00 per year