Catering Officer required for a Healthcare client based in Co. Tipperary to join an established team for an indefinite period.
The role of Catering Officer will be responsible for the management of the catering team to ensure that the day to day provisions of meals are prepared in line with HACCP standards, and Hygiene policies and procedures.
The responsibilities of this role will include, but are not limited to;
- Ensuring all documentation is up to date and available for inspection.
- Be familiar with the National Hygiene Standards as required by HIQA.
- Be familiar with the Nutrition and Hydration HIQA Standards.
- Recording and Management of rosters.
- Be responsible for maintenance of attendance records and pay-roll returns.
- Promote good industrial relations with staff and staff representatives and deal with industrial relations in accordance with policy.
- Monitor HACCP system on a daily basis and ensure policies and statutory regulation are being implemented.
- Carry out audits of area of responsibility to ensuring catering department complies with all HACCP, HIQA policies and statutory regulation.
- Check meals for quality, quantity and presentation.
- Ensure that proper work practices are adhered to in relation to food handling and food safety.
The successful candidate will have a Supervisory or Management qualification at minimum 2 year Diploma and have gained Hotel, Hospitality or Catering Management experience.
- Previous experience in catering operations at a Supervisory or Management level.
- Manual Handling & Food Hygiene training will be required, and can be supplied.
- Additional Healthcare specific training will also be required and can be supplied.
- Certain immunisations may be required for work in the healthcare sector.
- Garda Vetting will be required for work in the healthcare sector.
- A requirement for 3 references from previous employment, academic or groups with whom you have volunteered.
The successful candidate will be professionally presented and work to the highest standards.
Attractive daytime hours, but will involve weekends on a rotational basis depending on the requirement of the service.
Attractive salary of €43,500 based on a 39 hour working week.
Our Ref: INDHC