Catering ManagerApply now
We’re hiring a Catering Manager to lead our hospital’s catering services. You will coordinate with our staff to ensure high-quality, nutritious meals for patients, visitors and staff. Strong orginisational skills, food safety knowledge and catering experience are all essential.
- To effectively and efficiently manage the food and beverage offer in all units to deliver on required company standards.
- Provide management presence and operational support during peak service periods to monitor and improve all aspects of food &, beverage service delivery.
- Supervise the presentation of hot and cold food; ensure bake-off products are cooked and presented to required specifications.
- Conduct weekly unit inspections completing checklists and ensuring that company and Best Practise procedures are being followed, identify training & support needs of unit supervisors and take corrective actions as may be appropriate.
- Ensure that all repairs and equipment is maintained in accordance with company and QUB policies.
- Ensure a continuously high standard of food hygiene is maintained in all units and that all HACCP records are completed in line with company procedures, legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all food temperature and equipment temperature checks are carried out daily and correctly recorded.
- Maintain correct stocks levels, stock rotation, and ensuring that storage and labelling in line with company procedures.
- Ensure all deliveries are signed and checked by authorised personnel.
- To ensure all purchases, delivery dockets and invoices are entered into Axapta correctly and on time.
- Understand and be aware of stock usage & prices, and how fluctuations in cost prices and increased usage will impact on unit /site GP.
- Ensure that weekly stock-take is accurately counted, recorded and entered into Axapta.
- Ensure that all transfers between units and all wastage are accurately recorded.
- Ensure that all company procedures relating to cash handling are being carried out in all units on a consistent basis, and corrective actions taken where non-compliance is evident.
- Ensure all safe checks are carried out daily and entered into the correct safe book and that all shortages are investigated and reported to KAM/Group Finance.
- Ensure all key holding policies are stringently followed.
Health and Safety
- Manage the Health & Safety systems in the Unit including the kitchen in line with company standards ensuring that all staff are aware of their responsibilities.
- Always be available to deal with any customer concerns while displaying a positive and committed attitude to customer care.
Ace – Quality Assurance
- Ensure that all units are Audit ready at all times and corrective action registers are being completed and followed up in a timely manner.
- Follow up on ACE Audits and close out any actions required, communicate with staff ensuring that all staff are aware of the company standards and their responsibilities.
- Oversee and support the Hospitality team ensuring required standards are being maintained for bookings, presentation, deliveries, and post event follow up being recorded and actioned appropriately.
Training, Development and People Management
- Ensure all staff receives company induction, manual handling training, workstation training and H&S and Food Safety training in line with their responsibilities.
- Ensure all training cards are up to date to include both on and off site training and that HR are kept up to date with all training records.
- Manage the team in line with Company HR policies and procedures.
- Plan annual holidays in line with business requirements, term times and ensure all holiday request forms are completed correctly and all holidays notified to wages department. Ensure that lay off letters issued in good time.
- Ensure that employee attendance records are accurate and fully updated.
- Ensure wages are correctly calculated and sent to the wage department on time.
- Maintain and file signed weekly break sheet records.
- Ensure staff uniforms are clean, all staff have name badges and staff well-presented and all wearing correct uniform and safety shoes.
- Monitor and review staff on the job performance to identity training and development needs and communicated to KAM/Group HR.
- Ensure all staff are aware of KSG customer service policy and demonstrate their understanding in their interaction with customers on a day to day basis.
Client Relations Management
- Full understanding of Client Expectations and reporting requirements.
- Ensure all contractual conditions are achieved and liaise with client regarding ongoing performance and improvement opportunities.
Marketing and Business Development
- To gain knowledge of the marketing and business development process.
- Understanding of importance of marketing within your unit and utilise the support and services available to you and your Unit.
Communication and Business Development
- Ensure that all communication with the client, customers, colleagues and staff is conducted in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensure that all site/unit reports (weekly and monthly) are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that relevant information required by KAM/Head Office to facilitate timely decision making is provided on time (with reasonable notice).
- Ensure that all incidents, accidents relating to H&S, Hygiene, are accurately recorded and reported to appropriate company personnel in line with company policy.
- Attend company meetings and training as may be required.
- Encourage good communication from all the catering team.