Catering ManagerApply now
We are recruiting a Catering Manager and lead our catering operations to success. You will be responsible for planning and executing catered events, managing staff, coordinating logistics, and ensuring exceptional customer satisfaction. With your strong organizational and communication skills, you will help us deliver memorable dining experiences. If you’re passionate about food and hospitality, we want you on our team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Successful implementation of targets on both sites and the monthly reporting on same to the Site manager and client
- Implementation of policies for procurement, sustainability, carbon footprint, food quality and food development
- Complete catering department/site walks and audits on food practices and HACCP
- Attend bi weekly operational and food calls and report updates on each site.
- Responsible for successful operation and bedding in of new initiatives in regards to food, coffee innovation in technology etc
- Site improvements- Liaise with site leads and obtain updates on client activities and issues.
- Implement change programme at sites where necessary.
- Your role involves working closely with the culinary team contributing to the development and direction of the client services at site.
In addition, the manager motivates, trains, develops and directs their team to accomplish the objectives of the operation and maintain a positive relationship with the client. You will work directly with the Culinary Director on new food development, food standards, costings on sites, HACCP and health & safety.
Overall Management Responsibility
- Teaches and adheres to philosophy, culture and commitment to fantastic fresh food and exemplary service.
- Teaches standards of the kitchen and front of house operation and displays
- Have Passion for cooking and food- using the best seasonal ingredients food and for delivering high standards of customer service.
- Sound time management skills to ensure we meet all timelines for delivery of café services, concepts, popups etc.
- Training of culinary team front of house and in the kitchen and recording of results.
- Laise with Head chef on menus that demonstrate creativity, authenticity, seasonality, healthy balance and variety.
- Ensure that high quality food items are creatively well prepared and presented in a cost-effective manner.
- Meet and exceed the expectations of the customer and client perceived value.
- Work with head chef to ensure that all display, catering and café set up meet specific standards.
Customer Service and Client Relations
- Represents the company in a courteous, efficient, and friendly manner in all customer, client and employee interactions.
- Interact with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly and service oriented manner
- Communicates with the client honestly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises the daily conduct of the team.
- Ensures that all employees are up to date on their training requirements for each site.
- Actively works to develop the team skill base, identifies potential for development and build on it in a positive way
Financial Management and Analysis.
You are responsible for
- Making sure the site is meeting budgetary goals and weekly targets.
- Oversee the costing of new food development dishes and concepts from the head chef
- Responsible for placing accurate orders, sourcing the best local and seasonal ingredients and following purchasing quality guidelines and in collaboration with the head chef
- Attend weekly financial updates with the site manager and client
- Complete administration on an appropriate schedule.