Bond Warehouse Team Leader / Supervisor
Ballyboughal, Full Time
Noel Recruitment are currently seeking a Bond Warehouse Team Leader for our client based in Ballyboughal. To maintain and develop service levels, in order to enhance continuous development. Unloading and sortation of goods in. Picking, staging and loading & scanning of goods out. Maintenance of excellent housekeeping standards and compliance with all health and safety requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Warehouse Manager / Shift Supervisor to organise and carry out shift functions and to requests from the management team as required
- All warehouse security processes to be maintained
- Ensure all warehouse activities are conducted and completed in a professional and business-like manner with appropriate levels of personnel and maximum utilisation of resources
- Ensure keys are removed from all vehicles while loading/unloading on dock levellers and loading bay process followed at all times
- Ensure warehouses and yards are cleaned regularly and systematically
- Effect accurate checking & scanning in and out of orders and accurate loading and manifesting of all out bound vehicles
- Checking all freight is accounted for at all times in the warehouse.
- Identify and investigate discrepancies and report to management as appropriate
- Use of the warehouse management system to manage goods in and out of the bond and Vat / duty unpaid area
- Measuring and cubing all freight arriving into the warehouse and amending the paperwork accordingly
- The smooth and effective loading/unloading of vehicles in the yard
- Responsible person on shift for reporting, elevating and responding to operations as required.
- Ensure appropriate levels of supervision of staff is achieved
- To be involved in any task that may be required by management to improve the utilisation, or service improvements of the operation.
- Experience working in a similar environment
- Must hold an up to date Counterbalance Forklift License
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to oversee the day to day operations in the warehouse and ensure daily tasks are delegated and completed
- Working knowledge of computerised systems, warehouse functions.
- Self-motivated with good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team and be accountable for tasks and actions
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Flexibility to do shift work including weekends
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Awareness of Health & Safety issues.
Shifts including: 6am – 2pm and 2pm -10pm Monday to Friday and every 2nd Saturday. Additional hours may be required to meet the demands of the business.
EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY IS COMPANY POLICY